Here I am performing the side-lying hip abduction Redcord exercise. This is an excellent exercise to target the hip abductors, and more specifically the gluteus medius! Research continues to grow discussing how important the hip abductors are for optimal function.
Some of the major perks of hip abduction with Redcord include:
- Bungee support for successful pain-free completion
- Customization for client-specific difficulty and intensity
- Closed chain movement working the lateral line myosfascial chain in addition to the gluteus medius
- Influence of additional muscles including the lateral obliques
- Improved single leg stance stability (for walking, stair negotiation, running, balance)
- Address pain from overuse injuries and chronic injuries
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are based on the opinion of the author, unless otherwise noted, and should not be taken as personal medical advice. The information provided is intended to help readers make their own informed health and wellness decisions.